You Can Trust Our Staff
All our staff carry identity cards. Our ID cards are produced on a professional security card making machine, bear a watermark and look like credit cards (they are not laminated).
If you are in ANY doubt or just for peace of mind, feel free to contact us on 02394 387808 option 3 to verify any of our engineers.
Bogus Callers – Good Doorstep Security
Don’t forget that there are opportunists everywhere. Not all burglars break into properties; some will try to trick or con their way in.
They are known as bogus callers and will pretend to be on official business from respectable concerns such as the utility companies – gas, electricity and water – or your local council.
A con like this relies on appearing plausible, and although it is human nature to sometimes feel awkward about questioning someone’s credibility, don’t be intimidated – a bona fide caller will be happy to show proof.
Make sure you are happy that they are who they claim to be by following these simple steps:
- Always ask callers for proof of their identity. Genuine tradesmen should carry an identification card showing their photograph.
- Check the ID carefully. If you are unsure, telephone the company the caller claims to represent.
- Utility companies now offer a password identification system. Any caller from one of these companies should be able to give a pre-arranged password as additional proof of identity.
- Beware of callers who attempt to distract you by claiming that they have seen something which encourages you to leave your house – they may even have an accomplice causing this distraction.
- If you doubt the identity of a caller, don’t let them in. Ask them to come back later and arrange for a friend, relative or neighbour to be there on their return.
- Treat all strangers with caution. If you are still worried, dial 999 immediately and ask for the Police.
Christie Intruder Alarms welcome and encourage people to challenge us.
Back to about us