The Galaxy 2 Series
The Galaxy 2 Series is suitable for use in installations compliant to PD6662:2004/prEN50131-1:2004 security grade 2, environmental class II and the perfect intruder alarm system for residential and commercial security.
There are two panels in the Galaxy 2 Series range, the Galaxy 2-20 and the Galaxy 2-44+.
Galaxy 2 series main features
- Fully hybrid system with support for hardwired and wireless peripherals
- Dual path signalling via PSTN and GSM (only available on Galaxy 2-44+)
- SMS text signalling to up to 3 mobile numbers
- 2-way voice – from supervised premises to central station or user (only available on Galaxy 2-44+)
- Dual bus technology – supports both Galaxy peripheral sets (support only available on Galaxy 2-44+)
- Remote diagnostics
The Galaxy 2 Series is supported by a comprehensive peripheral set.
On the Galaxy bus:
- Galaxy MK7 LCD Keypad
- 2 x 16 alphanumeric character display
- Galaxy alphanumeric LCD Keyprox
- Equivalent to Galaxy MK7 keypad with integrated ASK prox reader
- Allows the system to be set and unset by use of proximity card
- Can be used for DD243 compliant system configuration
- System expander module – 8 zones/4 outputs
- Galaxy Smart PSU
- 3A PSU with integrated RIO
- Galaxy Power RIO(*NEW*)
- 2.75A EN50131-1 grade 3 compliant PSU with integrated RIO
- Doorguard Interface Unit
- RF Portal (*NEW*)
- Receiver for the Domonial V2 wireless peripheral range
- Provides full wireless diagnostic information
- V2 wireless peripheral range
- Aesthetically pleasing wireless transmitter devices with excellent wireless performance
|GALAXY 2 – 20||GALAXY 2 – 44+|
|Zones||12 expandable to 20||12 expandable to 44|
|Outputs||4+8 expandable to 16||4+8 expandable to 28|
|Databases||RS485 Only||RS485 and ECP|
|PSU||1A (0.6A @ grade 2)||1.4A (1A @ grade 2)|
|Alphanumeric LCD Keypads||4||4|
|Alphanumeric LCD KeyProx||4||4|
|RIO (8 zones/4 outputs)||1||4|
|User Codes (Pin and Card)||23||23|
|Groups||3+1 common group||3+1 common group|
|Part Set||2 Part Sets||2 Part Sets|
|Silent Night Set||Yes||Yes|
|GSM Communicator/Modern||–||Plug on Option|
This Galaxy panel range may also be used with RF peripherals to configure a wireless or hybrid wireless/wired system.
PC support packages
The Galaxy 2 Series is complimented by an extensive set of PC applications for remote servicing and maintenance. The PC applications are:
- Galaxy 2 Series Remote Servicing Suite – Designed for installers, this standalone package allows full remote servicing and maintenance of the Galaxy 2 Series control panel range.
- Honeywell Networking Downloader – Designed for large remote servicing operations this networked based package allows simultaneous remote servicing of multiple Galaxy 3 Series. Galaxy 8-512 and Galaxy 2 Series panels.
Alarm monitoring on the Galaxy
Alarm monitoring on the Galaxy is designed to be used either remotely, receiving signals from remote Galaxy sites via a telecom, ISDN or ethernet module, or on-site receiving signals directly from an RS232 interface. The encrypted alarm transmissions are captured by the Alarm monitoring software and presented to the operator in a precise and detailed manner. The operator is prompted to acknowledge each alarm before taking appropriate action. The activity of each alarm is recorded and time-stamped. Alarm monitoring also allows authorised users to connect directly to the panel via the Galaxy Gold mimic function.
Back to main Intruder Alarms page.