The Benefits of Using An MLA Approved Locksmith
By using an MLA (Master Locksmith Association) approved company you are assured that the locksmith you employ is of the highest standard of integrity and that the work undertaken will be carried out to very high standards.
All Master Locksmiths have undertaken and passed an independently assessed BLI examination to ensure they are qualified and competent to carry out all aspects of the Locksmith trade. And every Approved Company undergoes stringent, regular inspections, thus ensuring that it maintains high standards in workmanship and administration. Additionally members are expected to conform to legal requirements and follow a customer charter to service customer satisfaction.
Many businesses utilize their own maintenance teams or a local maintenance company or builder to supply and fit, repair or replace locks. However did you know that the incorrect application of locking devices may invalidate your insurance!
MLA approved Locksmiths will provide accurate advice on locking solutions and physical security applications relevant to current insurance requirements, relevant British Standards and current industry Codes of Practice.
Some relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice are;
- BS 8220 Guide for Security of Buildings against Crime
- BS 8220 Part 1 – 2000 Dwellings
- BS 8220 Part 2 – 1995 Offices & Shops
- BS 8220 Part 3 – 2004 Storage, Industrial & Distribution Premises
- BS 3621:2004 Thief Resistant Lock Assemblies – Key Egress
- BS 8621:2004 Thief Resistant Lock Assemblies – Keyless Egress
- BS EN 1303 Building Hardware – Cylinders for Locks
- BS EN 179:1998 Emergency exit Devices Operated by a Lever Handle or Push Pad
- BS EN 1125:1997 Panic Exit Devices Operated by A Horizontal Bar
- BS EN 12209: 2003 Mechanically Operated Locks & Latches
- BS EN 12320:2001 Building Hardware – Padlocks & Padlock Fittings
- PAS24-1 Enhanced Security Performance for Door Assemblies
- Secured By Design (Police Initiative to Design Out Crime)
- MLA – Guidelines for Minimum Security Requirements for Domestic Property
Full workshop and key cutting facilities offer maximum support to our locksmiths whilst on the road. Additionally our Retail showroom stocks a wide range of locking products for DIY applications & our friendly knowledgeable staff are on hand to provide the best possible advice.
NOTE: Emergency locksmith services are only available during office hours and only in Hampshire and West Sussex.
Back to the main Locksmiths page.